1. It boosts your immune system. Lemons are high in Vitamin C and Potassium. Vitamin C will help you fight cold and potassium stimulates brain and nerve function and helps control blood pressure.
2. It balances your pH. Lemons are very alkaline, believe it or not. They may be acidic on their own, but inside of our bodies they are alkaline once metabolized.
3. It helps digestion. The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis – the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons (and limes) are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen toxins in the digestive tracks.
4. It clears your skin. The Vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps clear skin as well.
5. It helps with weight loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber which helps fight huger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline than acidic pH balance lose weight easier.
6. It is a natural diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush unwanted materials because lemons increase the level of urination in the body. Toxins are released at a faster rate, which helps your urinary tract healthy.