For best results, every surfing athlete would ideally focus on multiple-joint and multiple-muscle exercises. Unlike bodybuilders, it is not in your best interest to isolate small muscle parts.
If you want to builder a stronger, more stable posterior muscle chain (glutes, hamstrings, lower back) then you need to have a go at this exercise. As an added bonus, it will also help improve your balance.
Make sure you focus on having perfect form including keeping your back from rounding (you want to keep a straight back).
BOSU Bodyweight Squats
An advanced exercise that will challenge all your tendons, joints, and muscles while forcing you to keep supreme balance. Good balance is the key to success if you want to enjoy longer rides and avoid wiping out.
- Flip the BOSU upside down and slowly step on with feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your core tight and squat down, just bending at the knees.
- Perform slow and controlled squats while focusing on your balance and core stability.
- For extra challenge, you hold your hands above your head as you squat.
Try this for breakfast tomorrow morning:
Blend the below ingredients until smooth, then serve in a glass:
- 1 Apple(Sliced)
- 1 Banana
- 5 Fresh Strawberry
- 1 Small Handful Raspberries
- 1 Handful Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cup Green Tea or Water
- Few Ice Cubes
Learn more about surfing fitness: What Every Surfer Ought to Know